The policy specifically addresses the following areas:
- What kind of information Host SBC collects;
- How Host SBC uses the information;
- With whom Host SBC may share the information;
- What choices are available to you with respect to the collection and use of information collected by Host SBC;
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
We hope you read it carefully before using our Services.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
The following information about you may be collected, stored and used when you interact with us through our Services, in order to operate effectively and provide you the best experience with our Service, each as defined and as further described below.
“Personal Information” means the information you provide to us which personally identifies you and/or can be used to contact you, including but not limited to, your name, email address, business address, telephone number, fax number, and other contact information, occupation, company name, name of position within company. When you interact with us, we may ask you to supply us with Personal Information. For example, when you:
- Use our Service, including our websites
- Request quotes, support, information, or access to our products and services;
- Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails, alerts, updates or other materials;
- Register for webinars or other content offers; and
- Contact us
When you submit personal information to Host SBC, you understand and agree that the information may be transferred across international boundaries and may be stored and processed in any of the countries in which Host SBC and its affiliates and subsidiaries maintain offices or web hosting servers. You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage, and processing of your information may be undertaken by trusted vendors of Host SBC. Such vendors are bound by contract not to use your personal information for their own purposes or provide it to any third parties.
Automatic Data Collection:
Each time you access our Services, information about your computer hardware and software may also be automatically collected by Host SBC and kept for a reasonable period of time. The information includes, but is not restricted to, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. The information is used solely for performance, usability, site administration, and security.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To assist our service and to fulfill your request. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to provide you with information regarding the status of your account, to bill you for our Services, to let you know when security updates are available, to inquire about our Services, or to invite you to participate in a survey.
- To administer, test, analyze and improve our Services and to facilitate marketing, including providing you with information about available products and services. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications. Unless you opt-out, your personal information also may be used to keep you informed about new products, product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of Host SBC if you have so opted to receive such communications.
- To manage our existing and prospective relationships with customers, resellers, distributors, vendors, service providers and affiliates.
- To diagnose product problems and provide other customer care and support services.
- To develop analysis that enable us to better our business operation, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
- To contact you on behalf of other external business partners with regards to a specific offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in the presented offer, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party.
- To gather broad demographic and statistical information, and other de-identified or aggregated information, which Host SBC may use for purposes such as understanding broad demographic trends and statistical information;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and Host SBC’s procedures and policies.
- For any other purposes about which we notify and receive express consent from customers and users.
We are committed to keeping Personal Information no longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, unless allowed or required by law.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Because information about our existing and prospective customers is one of our most important business assets, we seek to protect it and keep it confidential. Host SBC shares your personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. Host SBC does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or with non-affiliated companies, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, or when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- Host SBC uses services of third parties, such as email service providers, voice and messaging application, purchase, shipping and order processing merchants and marketing companies that act as independent contractors on behalf of Host SBC. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to Host SBC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- We may also share your information with or to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to enable us to provide our Services, provide you with information about Host SBC products and services of potential interest to you, and to analyze and maintain Host SBC networks. Host SBC will only release information that is needed to deliver the service for which the third-party vendor has been contracted. These vendors are required to maintain strict security and confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purposes other than in accordance with Host SBC’s instructions and policies.
- If Host SBC is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- Host SBC reserves the right to disclose business and personal information to respond to legal requests or to enforce or protect Host SBC and its partners’ rights. Host SBC will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
– to comply with valid legal process including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law; in cases involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person or other emergencies;
– to protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
– to protect against fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of or subscription to our Services;
– to advance or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
– to a third-party that you have authorized to verify your account information;
– to outside auditors and regulators.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your information for no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was originally collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
CHOICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
You can always choose whether or not to disclose Personal Information and that choice will not prevent you from using our websites. Please note, however, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with some of the Services dependent upon the collection of the information and you will be given an opportunity to “opt-in” and make your preference choices for any items that are optional and which are not prerequisites for our rendering such services.
Host SBC takes a range of measures to help protect personal information of customers and others.
In addition, Host SBC has implemented strict operations guidelines to ensure subscriber privacy is safeguarded. Host SBC will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
However, no security measure is perfect. This means Host SBC cannot guarantee the security of personal information 100%. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identity, passwords and/or any other Personal Information in your possession. We are not responsible for the use and cannot control the use by others of any information which you provide to them, and you should exercise caution in selecting the Personal Information you submit to third parties. Similarly, we are not responsible for the content of Personal Information or other information you receive from other users through the Services. We cannot guarantee and we assume no responsibility for verifying the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by third parties.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Host SBC through our Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
RISKS AND DISCLAIMERS
HOW TO CONTACT US
Phone Number: +1-305-230-4321
Last Modified: Nov. 1, 2018